sensitive teeth Bromley
sensitive teeth in Bromley
Do you feel a shooting pain in your teeth when eating or drinking something hot? Does the thought of biting into ice cream or a cold hard apple make you wince? Sensitive teeth can be a burden for many people and can be caused by several things. It is always important to seek advice from a dental professional so the source of the problem can be identified and treated.
One cause of sensitivity is dental erosion, which is the loss of tooth enamel. Enamel is the hard outer coating of a tooth, which protects the sensitive dentine underneath. If the enamel is worn away or eroded, this dentine is exposed which can lead to pain and sensitivity, which can be worsened with extreme temperatures.
Erosion can be caused by your diet (frequent consumption of high sugar or high acid food or drink), tooth brushing habits (brushing too hard), tooth grinding, certain medical conditions and eating disorders. For top tips on protecting your enamel and for effective treatment of tooth sensitivity come to the practice for a check-up, where we can create an individualised care plan for you.
Other Hygiene Services
Mouth Cancer Screening
Why Choose Us
- Dr Ash is also a fully qualified medical doctor (1 of only 20 other dentists in the country)
- 5 year guarantee on dental implants
- Late evening & Saturday appointments
- Flexible finance plans to help with treatment fees
- Dental practice on the High Street
- IV sedation available for nervous patients
- Dedicated and committed team
Fee Guide For sensitive teeth Treatment
|Scale and polish only||30 mins||£65.00|
|Scale and polish only||45 mins||£95.00|